The NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory is launching a special workshop series on its popular Grand Rounds program to explore challenges and opportunities in using electronic health records (EHRs) in pragmatic clinical trials. The series will highlight advances in digital health, new approaches and evolving standards for EHRs, and implications for researchers conducting pragmatic trials.
The webinar series will kick off on Friday, May 1 at 1 p.m. ET with a keynote presentation by Dr. Robert Califf, head of strategy and policy for Verily Life Sciences and Google Health.
The series will include four moderated webinar discussions with panels of experts, wrapping up with a podcast discussion in July. Download the EHR workshop series flyer and see the full schedule below. All sessions are free and open to the public; no registration required. Recordings will be archived on the Grand Rounds website.
We hope you can tune in!
- May 1, 2020, 1 p.m. ET: Keynote: Can the COVID-19 Crisis Lead to Reformation of the Evidence Generation Ecosystem? (Robert Califf, MD, MACC)
- May 8, 2020, 1 p.m. ET: Real World Evidence: Contemporary Experience and Future Directions (Jacqueline Corrigan-Curay, JD, MD; Joshua C. Denny, MD, MS, FACMI; Moderator: Patrick J. Heagerty, PhD)
- May 29, 2020, 1 p.m. ET: Experiences From the Collaboratory PCTs (Jeffrey [Jerry] G. Jarvik, MD, MPH; Lynn DeBar, PhD; Doug Zatzick, MD; Vince Mor, PhD; Moderator: Wendy Weber, ND, PhD, MPH)
- June 26, 2020, 1 p.m. ET: Keys to Success in the Evolving EHRs Environment (Teresa Zayas-Cabán, PhD; George [Holt] Oliver, MD, PhD; Christopher A. Longhurst, MD, MS; Rachel Richesson, PhD, MPH; Moderator: Keith Marsolo, PhD)
- Recording June 30, Available July 7, 2020: Podcast: Summary Expert Panel Discussion (Patrick J. Heagerty, PhD; Keith Marsolo, PhD; Wendy Weber, ND, PhD, MPH; Moderator: Lesley H. Curtis, PhD)