The mission of the National Institute on Aging (NIA) IMbedded Pragmatic Alzheimers disease (AD) and AD Related Dementias (AD/ADRD) Clinical Trials (IMPACT) Collaboratory is build the nation’s capacity to conduct pragmatic clinical trials of interventions embedded within health care systems for people living with dementia and their caregivers.
The IMPACT Collaboratory accomplishes this mission by:
- Developing and disseminating best practice research methods
- Supporting the design and conduct of pragmatic trials, including pilot studies
- Building investigator capacity through training and knowledge generation
- Catalyzing collaboration among stakeholders, healthcare providers, and investigators
- Ensuring the research includes culturally-tailored interventions and people from diverse and under-represented backgrounds
To transform the delivery, quality, and outcomes of care provided to Americans living with dementia and their caregivers by accelerating the testing and adoption of evidence-based interventions within healthcare systems.
Create and integrate a community of researchers, health system providers and stakeholders
Promote the highest quality research and integrity among investigators
Serve as catalyst for novel ideas and cultivate a diverse cadre of trained investigators
Develop and test interventions embedded in real-world healthcare systems that will make a difference in lives of persons with dementia and their families
Establish a durable research infrastructure and knowledge base
Ensure research includes and is applicable to persons of all backgrounds